- 5-1/2 cups thinly sliced peeled butternut squash
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 medium tart apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the squash, salt, pepper, nutmeg and 1 tablespoon oil; toss to coat. Transfer to a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish; pour cream over top.
- Cover and bake at 325° for 30 minutes. In a small bowl, toss apples in remaining oil. Spoon over squash. Bake, uncovered, for 25-30 minutes or until squash is tender. Sprinkle with cheese; bake 3-5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Squash au Gratin in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2011, p9
Reviews for Squash au Gratin
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Christmas Side Dishes >
- New Year's Recipes >
- New Year's Side Dish Recipes >
- Side Dish Recipes >
- Squash Recipes >