Squash au Gratin Recipe
This is a fabulous-tasting dish that has an awesome aroma while baking. Tart apples add a fruity flavor.—Deb Williams, Peoria, Arizona
- 5-1/2 cups thinly sliced peeled butternut squash
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 medium tart apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the squash, salt, pepper, nutmeg and 1 tablespoon oil; toss to coat. Transfer to a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish; pour cream over top.
- 2. Cover and bake at 325° for 30 minutes. In a small bowl, toss apples in remaining oil. Spoon over squash. Bake, uncovered, for 25-30 minutes or until squash is tender. Sprinkle with cheese; bake 3-5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 9 servings.
3/4 cup equals 223 calories, 17 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 47 mg cholesterol, 314 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC