Squash Apple Soup Recipe
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 large apple, peeled and chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth, divided
- 2 packages (12 ounces each) frozen cooked winter squash, thawed
- Salad croutons and grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- In a large saucepan, saute the celery, apple and onion in oil and butter until tender. Stir in the garlic, poultry seasoning, salt and pepper; cook 1 minute longer.
- In a blender, combine 1 cup broth and the vegetable mixture; cover and process until smooth. Return to the pan; add squash and remaining broth. Heat through. Serve with croutons and cheese if desired. Yield: 7 servings.
Reviews for Squash Apple Soup(6)
Sort By :
A warm comforting soup for a chilly day. It is a favorite!
Excellent recipe. Party of Six; everyone loved it! Even my husband, who does not care for soup said he would eat this again.
Delicious soup! I skipped the blender step completely, and the texture was still fine. This has great squash flavor, but needs some zing. Ginger might do it, as another reviewer suggested; I tried a bit more salt and some pepper sauce. Also added a chopped up carrot or 2 with the vegetables, for color.
I've made this recipe several times this fall, it is awesome!! I do add 1 or 2 tsp. of ginger for extra zing, love it!!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Apple Recipes >
- Apple Soup >
- Broth Soup Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Soup Recipes >
- Cream Soups >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Soup Recipes >
- Halloween Party Recipes >
- Halloween Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Soup Recipes >
- New Year's Recipes >