Squash-Apple Bake Recipe
This is my mother-in-law's recipe, but I've made it so often I feel as though it's my own! Squash and apples are representative of New England in the fall, and taste even better when baked together. It's a wonderful Thanksgiving dish. —Judith Hawes, Chelmsford, Massachusetts
- 1 medium buttercup or butternut squash (about 1-1/4 pounds), peeled and cut into 3/4-inch slices
- 2 medium apples, peeled and cut into wedges
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mace
- 1. Arrange squash in a 2-qt. baking dish. Top with apple wedges. Combine the remaining ingredients; spoon over apples.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until tender. Yield: 4-6 servings.
3/4 cup: 198 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 284mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 3g fiber), 1g protein
Reviews for Squash-Apple Bake
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC