Squash-Apple Bake Recipe
- 1 medium buttercup or butternut squash (about 1-1/4 pounds), peeled and cut into 3/4-inch slices
- 2 medium apples, peeled and cut into wedges
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mace
- 1. Arrange squash in a 2-qt. baking dish. Top with apple wedges. Combine the remaining ingredients; spoon over apples.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until tender. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 198 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 284 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 1 g protein.
Reviews for Squash-Apple Bake
"What variety of apple would pair best with the squash in this recipe? This sounds like an excellent holiday menu idea."
"Used as side dish for Christmas dinner, very good, none left, will make again"