This is my mother-in-law's recipe, but I've made it so often I feel as though it's my own! Squash and apples are representative of New England in the fall, and taste even better when baked together. It's a wonderful Thanksgiving dish. —Judith Hawes, Chelmsford, Massachusetts
Featured In: Baked Apples
- 1 medium buttercup or butternut squash (about 1-1/4 pounds), peeled and cut into 3/4-inch slices
- 2 medium apples, peeled and cut into wedges
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mace
- Arrange squash in a 2-qt. baking dish. Top with apple wedges. Combine the remaining ingredients; spoon over apples.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until tender. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Squash-Apple Bake in Country October/November 1990, p51
Reviews for Squash-Apple Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review