“These cheesy, moist bites always go fast!” says Lori Bowes from Waterford, Michigan. “If I’m in a hurry, I bake the mixture in a greased 9 x 13-in. pan and cut into squares.”
- 1-1/2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1-1/2 cups shredded yellow summer squash
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Colby cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh marjoram or 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- Dash pepper
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- In a large skillet, saute the zucchini and yellow squash over medium heat until reduced to about 1-1/2 cups, about 10 minutes. Transfer to a small bowl. Add the onion, cheeses, parsley, marjoram and garlic.
- In a large bowl, combine the biscuit mix, seasoned salt and pepper. Stir in eggs and oil just until combined. Fold in squash mixture.
- Fill greased miniature muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: about 3 dozen.
Originally published as Squash Appetizer Cups in Taste of Home October/November 2006, p57
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Squash Appetizer Cups
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review