Squash Appetizer Cups Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1-1/2 cups shredded yellow summer squash
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Colby cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh marjoram or 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- Dash pepper
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1. In a large skillet, saute the zucchini and yellow squash over medium heat until reduced to about 1-1/2 cups, about 10 minutes. Transfer to a small bowl. Add the onion, cheeses, parsley, marjoram and garlic.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the biscuit mix, seasoned salt and pepper. Stir in eggs and oil just until combined. Fold in squash mixture.
- 3. Fill greased miniature muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: about 3 dozen.
2 each: 108 calories, 9g fat (2g saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 161mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Squash Appetizer Cups
"Just made these. They are not bad, but for the trouble, the taste isn't over the top. I think I can tweak it and make it a little more tasty.Thanks for the recipe."
"These are really tasy and have become a staple appetizer at many functions for me. They also reheat well."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.