Squash and Zucchini Rice Medley Recipe
A relative brought this dish to a family get-together. I got the recipe on the spot.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 15 min. YIELD:2 servings
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup chopped yellow summer squash
- 1/3 cup chopped zucchini
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh tomato
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a saucepan, bring the broth, water, summer squash, zucchini, salt and dill weed to a boil. Stir in rice. Remove from the heat. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Stir in the tomato and Parmesan cheese. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 232 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 642 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 8 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC