This simple, yet tasty side dish is a snap to whip up, and it's perfect when the veggies are in season. Try it with chicken, fish or even pork. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Recommended: 54 Amazing Ways to Love Winter Veggies
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3/4 cup uncooked couscous
- 1 medium yellow summer squash, chopped
- 3/4 cup chopped carrot
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt-free lemon-pepper seasoning
- In a small saucepan, bring broth to a boil. Stir in couscous. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 5-10 minutes or until broth is absorbed.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the squash, carrot, green pepper and onion in butter until tender. Stir in seasonings. Fluff couscous with a fork; toss with vegetable mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Squash and Veggie Couscous in Simple & Delicious June/July 2010, p24
Reviews for Squash and Veggie Couscous
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 24, 2010
"I made this for my 94-year-old Grandmother and she loved it. She especially liked all the vegetables in it."