This simple, yet tasty side dish is a snap to whip up, and it's perfect when the veggies are in season. Try it with chicken, fish or even pork. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3/4 cup uncooked couscous
- 1 medium yellow summer squash, chopped
- 3/4 cup chopped carrot
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt-free lemon-pepper seasoning
- In a small saucepan, bring broth to a boil. Stir in couscous. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 5-10 minutes or until broth is absorbed.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the squash, carrot, green pepper and onion in butter until tender. Stir in seasonings. Fluff couscous with a fork; toss with vegetable mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Squash and Veggie Couscous in Simple & Delicious June/July 2010, p24
Reviews for Squash and Veggie Couscous
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 24, 2010
"I made this for my 94-year-old Grandmother and she loved it. She especially liked all the vegetables in it."