- 6 bacon strips, diced
- 1 large potato, peeled and diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 medium zucchini, diced
- 1 medium yellow summer squash, diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced dill or 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels; drain, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings.
- Add potato; cook and stir in the drippings for about 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Stir in the onion, zucchini and yellow squash. Cook, uncovered, for about 8 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Return bacon to skillet; sprinkle with dill, salt and pepper. Cook and stir for about 1 minute longer or until heated through. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews for Squash and Potatoes
Sort By :
"Mmmmm, what's not to like about fried bacon and potatoes! I didn't have zucchini, so I only had the diced yellow (I used crookneck). The dried dill didn't seem to add much flavor, but maybe I didn't use enough. I'm going to use this recipe for the other squash I have!"
"Very good. Makes a lot. I used three man-fist-sized Yukon gold potatoes, and the rest as in recipe. Cooked the potatoes a long time up front to get them browned and mealy. The dill was actually not overwhelming, as I was afraid it would be. This basically makes a very nice hash, and is convenient, as it combines the potato and veggies in one side dish! Somewhat picky husband and son both liked."
"This was soooo yummy! I made it easier on myself and I cooked the veggies and potatoes in 2 tbls olive oil (in my frying pan on 300 degrees) and I cooked the bacon in the microwave and cut it up and added it at the very last. I didn't have dill weed and so I used basil instead you can also use parsley or just salt and pepper would be good too! MMMMM and it was a good way to use all the yummy veggies Mom gave me!!!"