Squash and Pepper Skillet Recipe
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 5 medium zucchini, sliced
- 3 medium yellow summer squash, sliced
- 1 small sweet red or green pepper, julienned
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1. In a large skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Add the zucchini, yellow squash, red pepper and garlic; stir-fry for 12-15 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Season with salt and pepper. Yield: 8 servings.
One serving (prepared without salt) equals 53 calories, 2 g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 7 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.