Squash and Mushroom Medley
Fresh summer veggies are the best!
5 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 large yellow summer squash, chopped
- 1 large zucchini, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 can (7 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, saute the squash, zucchini and onion in butter
- until tender. Add the mushrooms, garlic, salt and pepper; saute 2-3
- minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 5 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 58 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 283 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.