Squash and Broccoli Stir-Fry
Meet the Cook: The first summer that my husband and I were retired, we had an abundance of squash. I was raised on a farm and taught nothing should go to waste, so I hunted in my recipe file and found this one. I've made it often ever since.
Cooking's one of my favorite ways to have fun...if I live to be 100, I am sure there will still be many recipes in my "to-do" file. We also enjoy travel
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 pound butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup bias-sliced celery
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced onion
- 2 tablespoons sunflower kernels
- Combine lemon juice and honey; set aside. In a wok or large skillet,
- heat oil on medium-high. Add squash, garlic and ginger. Stir-fry
- about 3 minutes. Add the broccoli, celery and onion; stir-fry 3-4
- minutes or until crisp-tender. Remove from heat and quickly toss
- with the honey mixture. Sprinkle with sunflower kernels. Serve
- immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving equals 113 calories, 7 g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 20 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1-1/2 fat.