Squash & Carrot Saute
This bright and cheerful dish offers a delightful new way to prepare summer squash and carrots. —Sarah Gamboa, Holland, Michigan
5 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 4-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 yellow summer squash, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, saute carrots in oil until crisp-tender. Add the
- remaining ingredients; saute 3-4 minutes longer or until vegetables
- are tender. Yield: 5 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 72 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 138 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.