Field editor Donna Hanson, Lusk, Wyoming, says, "I found this recipe years ago when I was teaching home economics. The blend of flavors is delightful.
10-12 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + freezing
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 jars (7 ounces each) marshmallow creme
- 4 milk chocolate candy bars (1.55 ounces each), chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- 1/2 cup chopped maraschino cherries
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- In a small saucepan, combine milk and vanilla; stir in marshmallow
- creme. Cook and stir over low heat until smooth. Transfer to a large
- bowl; cool.
- Stir in candy bars, almonds and cherries. Fold in whipped cream.
- Transfer to an ungreased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Cover and freeze
- for at least 4 hours. Remove from the freezer 10 minutes before
- serving. Unmold and slice. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 270 calories, 19 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 58 mg cholesterol, 47 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.