Spuds Lasagna Loaf Recipe
I developed this recipe when we had a craving for lasagna but no noodles in the pantry. Potatoes are fabulous in this Italian-style casserole.—Dixie Terry, Goreville, Illinois
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and halved widthwise
- 1 cup (8 ounces) 4% cottage cheese, drained
- 1 egg
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash garlic powder
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. Place potatoes in a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain. Cool; cut into thin slices. In a small bowl, combine cottage cheese and egg; set aside. In another small bowl, combine tomato sauce and seasonings.
- 2. In a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan, layer half of the potatoes, half of the cottage cheese mixture and half of the tomato sauce mixture. Repeat layers. Sprinkle with cheese.
- 3. Cover and bake at 400° for 30 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until bubbly. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 183 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 49 mg cholesterol, 418 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 11 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC