Spud-Stuffed Peppers Recipe
- 2 medium green peppers
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 medium potato, peeled and grated
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash coarsely ground pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1. Cut tops off peppers and remove seeds. In a large saucepan, cook peppers in boiling water for 4-5 minutes. Drain and rinse in cold water; invert on paper towels.
- 2. In a nonstick skillet, cook beef and potato over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the chili powder, salt and pepper. Spoon into peppers.
- 3. Place in a small baking pan coated with cooking spray. Cover and bake at 350° for 35 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
1 stuffed pepper equals 332 calories, 12 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 66 mg cholesterol, 487 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 29 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1 starch, 1 fat.