“We don’t like rice, so I created this yummy stuffed pepper recipe using fresh potatoes from my garden,” relates Joyce Jandera of Hanover, Kansas.
- 2 medium green peppers
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 medium potato, peeled and grated
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash coarsely ground pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- Cut tops off peppers and remove seeds. In a large saucepan, cook peppers in boiling water for 4-5 minutes. Drain and rinse in cold water; invert on paper towels.
- In a nonstick skillet, cook beef and potato over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the chili powder, salt and pepper. Spoon into peppers.
- Place in a small baking pan coated with cooking spray. Cover and bake at 350° for 35 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Spud-Stuffed Peppers in Cooking for 2 Spring 2006, p44
Reviews for Spud-Stuffed Peppers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review