- 2 medium green peppers
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 medium potato, peeled and grated
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash coarsely ground pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- Cut tops off peppers and remove seeds. In a large saucepan, cook peppers in boiling water for 4-5 minutes. Drain and rinse in cold water; invert on paper towels.
- In a nonstick skillet, cook beef and potato over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the chili powder, salt and pepper. Spoon into peppers.
- Place in a small baking pan coated with cooking spray. Cover and bake at 350° for 35 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Spud-Stuffed Peppers(2)
Sort By :
These were very good! We thought the filling was a little bland, so we made some changes, but we will definitely be making this again!
My father in law also doesn't like rice and it's hard to find an alternative recipe. I enjoyed this recipe and will make it again for sure.
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Potatoes >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Magazine >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner for Two >
- Dinner For Two Recipes >