- 1 pound fresh brussels sprouts, halved
- 2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons reduced-sodium chicken bouillon granules
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Place the brussels sprouts, water and bouillon in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- Stir in the water chestnuts, butter, seasonings and sugar; cook and stir over medium heat for 2-3 minutes or until butter is melted and water chestnuts are heated through. Stir in lemon juice. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Spruced-Up Sprouts in Healthy Cooking August/September 2008, p61
Reviews for Spruced-Up Sprouts
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 28, 2013
Absolutely Delicious! Will definitely use this recipe again and again! Very flavorful!