Spruced-Up Cheese Spread Recipe
A neighbor, who's a wonderful cook, gave me the recipe for this zippy cracker spread. It's easy to shape into a Christmas tree for a festive occasion. —Judy Grimes, Brandon, Mississippi
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 20 min. YIELD:32 servings
- 1 jar (4 ounces) diced pimientos, drained, divided
- 1 small onion, grated
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 to 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 3 cups (12 ounces) finely shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped pecans
- Minced fresh parsley
- Assorted crackers
- 1. Set aside 2 tablespoons pimientos for topping. In a large bowl, combine the remaining pimientos and the next seven ingredients. Stir in cheese.
- 2. Transfer to a serving bowl; sprinkle with pecans, parsley and reserved pimientos. Serve with crackers. Yield: 4 cups.
1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 94 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 127 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC