- 2 pounds fresh brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- Place sprouts in a steamer basket; place in a large saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 9-11 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt butter; stir in flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Gradually stir in broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in water chestnuts. Transfer brussels sprouts to a serving dish; serve with water chestnut mixture. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Sprouts with Water Chestnuts in Taste of Home October/November 2006, p41
Reviews for Sprouts with Water Chestnuts
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 21, 2013
"I've made this for the holidays and everyone enjoyed it. Had to look it up to do again this year!"
Reviewed Jul. 28, 2010
"So simple, very tasty -- what a great way to dress up brussel sprouts!"