Sprouts with Sour Cream Recipe
- 2 pounds fresh brussels sprouts, halved
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- Minced fresh parsley
- 1. Add 1 in. of water and brussels sprouts to a saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, in another saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in flour, brown sugar, salt and mustard until blended. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil; boil for 1 minute. Reduce heat. Stir in sour cream; heat through.
- 3. Drain the sprouts; place in a serving bowl. Top with sauce. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 12 servings.
1 cup: 103 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 152mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Sprouts with Sour Cream
"I thought these were awesome!! LOVED the sauce! I could have eaten the whole bowl myself! YUMMY!!"
"I did not like these at all. The Lemony Brussels Sprouts (TOH) are much better."