- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Chopped red and green candied cherries
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and extract. Combine flour and baking powder; gradually add to creamed mixture.
- Using a cookie press fitted with a wreath-shaped disk, press dough onto ungreased baking sheets. Decorate with cherries. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks. Yield: 6-7 dozen.
Originally published as Spritz Wreaths in Country Woman November/December 1995, p40
Reviews for Spritz Wreaths(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 7, 2009
Yes,I do have a comment,I bake the cookies at 375 for 8-10 minutes but they come out burned.So,|I have to change heat to to 355 and leave them for a little longer they will not burn.