It was a tradition to make these cookies with my grandmother every Christmas. Now our two daughters help me make them for the holidays.
66 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- Colored sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add
- eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in
- vanilla. Combine flour and baking powder; add to creamed mixture and
- mix well.
- Using a cookie press fitted with the disk of your choice, press dough
- 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 325° for 11-12
- minutes or until set (do not brown). Remove to wire racks to cool.
- Microwave corn syrup for 6-8 seconds or until thinned. Working with a
- few cookies at a time, brush corn syrup over the surface and dip
- into sugar. Reheat corn syrup as necessary. Let stand until set.
- Yield: 11 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 91 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 21 mg cholesterol, 65 mg sodium,