Spritz Butter Blossoms Recipe
From Harwich Port, Massachusetts, field editor Christine Omar suggests, "Pretty cookies made from this recipe can be customized to the bride's chosen colors with food coloring and colored sugars."
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup blanched almonds, toasted
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Sprinkles or colored sugar
- 1. Place sugar and almonds in a food processor; cover and process until almonds are finely ground.
- 2. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar mixture until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg and extracts. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- 3. Using a cookie press fitted with the disk of your choice, press dough 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Decorate with sprinkles or colored sugar.
- 4. Bake at 375° for 7-9 minutes. Remove to wire racks. Store in an airtight container. Yield: about 6-1/2 dozen.
1 cookie equals 44 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 31 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 fat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC