From Harwich Port, Massachusetts, field editor Christine Omar suggests, "Pretty cookies made from this recipe can be customized to the bride's chosen colors with food coloring and colored sugars."
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup blanched almonds, toasted
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Sprinkles or colored sugar
- Place sugar and almonds in a food processor; cover and process until almonds are finely ground.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar mixture until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg and extracts. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Using a cookie press fitted with the disk of your choice, press dough 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Decorate with sprinkles or colored sugar.
- Bake at 375° for 7-9 minutes. Remove to wire racks. Store in an airtight container. Yield: about 6-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Spritz Butter Blossoms in Taste of Home June/July 2007, p7
Reviews for Spritz Butter Blossoms
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review