Springtime Tossed Salad Recipe
"I first sampled a version of this salad at a restaurant, then I experimented until I came up with a lightened-up dressing that tasted great," writes Laura Kopp of Shiocton, Wisconsin. "Raspberry juice gives a nice fruity flavor to the mixed greens. This is one of my family's favorite summer dishes, which I often serve with whole grain crusty rolls. The salad is extremely quick to toss together."
- 8 ounces spring mix salad greens
- 2 cans (11 ounces each) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/2 cup cranberry-raspberry juice
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1. In a salad bowl, combine the greens, oranges, blue cheese and pecans. In a small bowl, whisk the cranberry-raspberry juice, vinegar and oil. Drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup: 151 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 173mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein .
Reviews for Springtime Tossed Salad
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC