Springtime Strawberry Bars Recipe
Warmer weather calls for a lighter dessert like these fruity bars. The recipe makes a big batch, so it's perfect for company.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 3-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup slivered almonds, chopped
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 jar (12 ounces) strawberry preserves
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in lemon peel. Combine 3 cups flour, almonds, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture until mixture resembles coarse crumbs (do not over mix).
- 2. Set aside 1 cup of dough. Press the remaining dough into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Spread preserves to within 1/4 in. of edges. Combine the reserved dough with the remaining flour; sprinkle over preserves.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: About 3 dozen.
1 each: 159 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 99mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Springtime Strawberry Bars
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC