Springtime Salmon Salad Recipe
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, undrained
- 3 cups cut fresh asparagus (1-inch pieces)
- 1 package (5 ounces) spring mix salad greens
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 3/4 pound smoked salmon fillet, flaked
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Drain oranges, reserving 1/4 cup juice. Set oranges aside. In a small saucepan, bring 2 cups water to a boil. Add asparagus; cover and boil for 3 minutes. Drain and immediately place asparagus in ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- 2. In a large bowl, toss the salad greens, asparagus, oranges, almonds and peas. Divide among four serving plates. Top with salmon.
- 3. In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients and reserved juice; drizzle over salads. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving equals 393 calories, 24 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 1,029 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 23 g protein.
Reviews for Springtime Salmon Salad
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.