Tender green asparagus and juicy red strawberries star in this colorful salad, which I often make for spring luncheons and showers. It tastes as terrific as it looks! —Molly Payne, Buffalo, Minnesota
- 1 cup water
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1 teaspoon grated onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese, optional
- In a large skillet, bring water to a boil. Add asparagus; cover and boil for 3 minutes. Drain and immediately place asparagus in ice water. Drain and pat dry; set aside.
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the sugar, oil, vinegar, sesame seeds, poppy seeds, onion, salt, paprika and Worcestershire sauce; shake well. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- In a large bowl, combine asparagus and strawberries. Drizzle with dressing; and toss to coat. Sprinkle with blue cheese if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Springtime Salad in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2005, p161
Reviews for Springtime Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review