- 1 cup water
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1 teaspoon grated onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese, optional
- In a large skillet, bring water to a boil. Add asparagus; cover and boil for 3 minutes. Drain and immediately place asparagus in ice water. Drain and pat dry; set aside.
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the sugar, oil, vinegar, sesame seeds, poppy seeds, onion, salt, paprika and Worcestershire sauce; shake well. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- In a large bowl, combine asparagus and strawberries. Drizzle with dressing; and toss to coat. Sprinkle with blue cheese if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Springtime Salad
Sort By :
"made for a party and everyone loved it- taken to several other dinners since and everyone wants the recipe-love it"
"I was looking for something different to take to my Granddaughter's party and everyone loved it- have since take to other dinners and everyone wants the recipe."
"I LOVE THIS!!!"
"I found this recipe in one of my Taste of Home cookbooks and decided to give it a try for Easter. My family loved it!! My only regret was not making a double batch so everyone could enjoy it. They want me to make it next week for another family event. This recipe was also really easy and quick to make (my favorite kind). I substitued splenda for the sugar which worked great."
"It was quick and easy and soooo good. I will make it many more times."