Springtime Potato Salad
Traditional potato salad gets fun flavor from sweet pickles and a hearty crunch from celery and radishes in this recipe. I'm especially fond of the creamy dressing. Ellen Benninger, Stoneboro, Pennsylvania
8-10 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 6 cups diced peeled cooked potatoes
- 4 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet pickles
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup chopped radishes
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Paprika, optional
- In a bowl, combine potatoes, egg, celery, pickles, onion and
- radishes. In another bowl, combine mayonnaise, sugar, vinegar, milk,
- mustard and salt; mix well. Pour over potato mixture; stir to coat.
- Chill. Sprinkle with paprika if desired. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 221 calories, 11 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 89 mg cholesterol, 297 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.