Springtime Penne Recipe
With ham, asparagus, onion and pasta in a creamy sauce, this stovetop supper is tasty enough for even your pickiest guests. It's great with penne, but you can also try it with mostaccioli or another type of pasta.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 20 min. YIELD:5 servings
- 3 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 pound cubed fully cooked ham
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute asparagus and onion in butter for 5-8 minutes or until asparagus is crisp-tender.
- 2. Add the ham, cream, pepper and salt; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook over low heat for 1 minute. Drain pasta. Add to the asparagus mixture; toss to coat. Yield: 5 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC