With ham, asparagus, onion and pasta in a creamy sauce, this stovetop supper is tasty enough for even your pickiest guests. It's great with penne, but you can also try it with mostaccioli or another type of pasta.
5 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 pound cubed fully cooked ham
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large
- skillet, saute asparagus and onion in butter for 5-8 minutes or
- until asparagus is crisp-tender.
- Add the ham, cream, pepper and salt; bring to a boil. Reduce heat;
- cook over low heat for 1 minute. Drain pasta. Add to the asparagus
- mixture; toss to coat. Yield: 5 servings.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.