Springtime Penne Recipe
- 3 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 pound cubed fully cooked ham
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute asparagus and onion in butter for 5-8 minutes or until asparagus is crisp-tender.
- Add the ham, cream, pepper and salt; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook over low heat for 1 minute. Drain pasta. Add to the asparagus mixture; toss to coat. Yield: 5 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Springtime Penne(6)
Sort By :
I doubled the recipe since my family came for dinner. It was delicious!!! Even the grandkids like it.
Super easy to make and absolutely delicious! I made it exactly as is with no changes. A great way to use up leftover ham. All the flavors go together wonderfully!
Hands down this is our favorite asparagus recipe and use for left over ham recipe. The only thing two things I do different is not add the entire large onion, only about half and add more cream. This is the BEST recipe ever!
This is our new favorite aspargus recipie. I didn't know just a little cream made such a great sauce. I was successful in freezing some leftovers for a couple of weeks. I then reheated/steamed it in the microwave. I did add just a bit more moisture to do that
This is delicious. The only thing I do a bit different is I add a bit more cream to the sauce. It's my favorite recipe using asparagus.