Springtime Lime Slushy
Joyce Minge-Johns of Jacksonville, Florida relies on a handful of ingredients to fix this lively lime beverage. With its tangy flavor and slushy consistency, it's especially cool and refreshing.
8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + freezing
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) lime gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 cups cold water
- 2 quarts lime sherbet
- 3 cups ginger ale, chilled
- In a freezer container, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Stir in
- the cold water and sherbet until combined. Freeze for 4 hours or
- until set.
- Remove from the freezer 45 minutes before serving. For each serving,
- place 1 cup of slush mixture in a glass; add about 1/3 cup ginger
- ale. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 313 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 123 mg sodium, 71 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 4 g protein.