Springtime Asparagus Pizza
Here's a pizza that celebrates spring's best. A chewy crust is topped with a blend of mozzarella and feta cheeses, fresh asparagus spears and even anchovy fillets if you like.
8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 10 min.
- 1 teaspoon cornmeal
- 1 pound prepared pizza dough, room temperature
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 3/4 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 8 anchovy fillets, optional
- Grease a large baking sheet; sprinkle with cornmeal. Roll out dough
- into a 15-in. circle; transfer to prepared baking sheet.
- Sprinkle crust with mozzarella and feta cheeses; top with asparagus.
- Bake at 450° for 10-15 minutes or until crust is golden and
- cheese is melted. Sprinkle with lemon peel and red pepper flakes.
- Top with anchovy fillets if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice equals 227 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 600 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 12 g protein.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.