Springtime Asparagus Pizza Recipe
Here's a pizza that celebrates spring's best. A chewy crust is topped with a blend of mozzarella and feta cheeses, fresh asparagus spears and even anchovy fillets if you like.
- 1 teaspoon cornmeal
- 1 pound prepared pizza dough, room temperature
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 3/4 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 8 anchovy fillets, optional
- Grease a large baking sheet; sprinkle with cornmeal. Roll out dough into a 15-in. circle; transfer to prepared baking sheet.
- Sprinkle crust with mozzarella and feta cheeses; top with asparagus. Bake at 450° for 10-15 minutes or until crust is golden and cheese is melted. Sprinkle with lemon peel and red pepper flakes. Top with anchovy fillets if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Springtime Asparagus Pizza in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2011, p146
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Springtime Asparagus Pizza(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Asparagus Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Father's Day Dinners >
- Italian Pizza Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Mother's Day Recipes >
- Pizza Recipes >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >