- 1 cup water
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 small tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese, optional
- In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add asparagus; cover and cook for 3-5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain. Add tomatoes; cover and keep warm.
- In a blender, combine the vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, sugar, onion, salt and paprika; cover and process until smooth. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream. Pour over asparagus mixture and toss to coat.
- Transfer to a serving bowl; sprinkle with almonds and blue cheese if desired. Serve warm. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews for Springtime Asparagus Medley(6)
Sort By :
I only used a tablespoon of sugar. It really doesn't need it.
This is awesome - didn't put in the almonds though as I was running short on time to toast them etc. Also I only used about half of the dressing. SOOOOO tasty.
This is my new favorite recipe for asparagus. I have made it up to the point where you add the blue cheese and almonds, put it in a casserole dish in the fridge, and then heated it with the final ingredients just before serving. This makes it easy to do ahead.
Fantastic salad, great both hot and cold the next day...
This is awesome. I made it after finding asparagus on sale at the grocers. What a treat! I will make it over and over, and have already passed it on to others!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Almond Recipes >
- Asparagus Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Christmas Side Dishes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Side Dishes >
- Easter Recipes >
- Easter Side Dishes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Side Dish Recipes >