- 7 egg whites, divided
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- 1 egg
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup chopped fresh asparagus
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen corn, thawed
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/3 cup finely chopped carrot
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 3/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- In a small bowl, whisk 1 egg white. Add rice; stir until blended. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a 9-in. deep-dish pie plate coated with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk flour and milk until smooth. Whisk in egg and remaining egg whites. Stir in the mozzarella cheese, asparagus, corn, mushrooms, carrot, onion, parsley, basil, salt and oregano. Pour into crust; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 375° for 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Spring Vegetable Quiche
"The recipe was a bit bland, but I think this would have been helped by cooking the rice in chicken stock and adding more spices."
"This recipe is NOT boring as previously stated. This recipe is wonderful! Thanks to Sandi for sending it in!"
"Very boring recipe. Needs a LOT more spice. Any suggestions?"