Spring Vegetable Medley
From Hebron, Indiana, Edna Hoffman shares this garden-fresh side dish. Seasoned with Dijon mustard and thyme, the battered vegetables are perfect when served with seafood, poultry or beef.
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 25 min.
- 2 cups quartered small red potatoes
- 1 cup fresh baby carrots
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 2 cups cut fresh asparagus (2-inch pieces)
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large saucepan, bring the potatoes, carrots, water and bouillon
- to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Add the
- asparagus and zucchini; cover and simmer for 10 minutes longer or
- until crisp-tender. Combine the butter, mustard, thyme and salt;
- pour over vegetables; toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.