Spring Vegetable Medley Recipe
- 2 cups quartered small red potatoes
- 1 cup fresh baby carrots
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 2 cups cut fresh asparagus (2-inch pieces)
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring the potatoes, carrots, water and bouillon to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Add the asparagus and zucchini; cover and simmer for 10 minutes longer or until crisp-tender. Combine the butter, mustard, thyme and salt; pour over vegetables; toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup: 119 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 356mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 4g fiber), 4g protein .
Reviews for Spring Vegetable Medley
"We loved this! It tasted so good! Thank you for posting the recipe. We will definitely be making this A LOT. :-)"
"Very easy to make. I was looking for a different way to use up the asparagus that I had."