Spring Vegetable Medley Recipe
- 2 cups quartered small red potatoes
- 1 cup fresh baby carrots
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 2 cups cut fresh asparagus (2-inch pieces)
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring the potatoes, carrots, water and bouillon to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Add the asparagus and zucchini; cover and simmer for 10 minutes longer or until crisp-tender. Combine the butter, mustard, thyme and salt; pour over vegetables; toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup: 119 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 356mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 4g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Spring Vegetable Medley
"We loved this! It tasted so good! Thank you for posting the recipe. We will definitely be making this A LOT. :-)"
"Very easy to make. I was looking for a different way to use up the asparagus that I had."