Spring Vegetable Bundles Recipe
- 4 to 6 green onions
- 1 cup water
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, julienned
- 2 medium carrots, julienned
- 12 thyme springs
- 1-1/3 cups white wine
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1. Trim both ends of onions; cut the green tops into 7-in. lengths. In a small saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add onion tops; boil for 1 minute or until softened. Drain and immediately place onion tops in ice water. Drain and pat dry. Chop white portions of onions and set aside.
- 2. Divide asparagus, peppers and carrots into 12 bundles. Top each with a thyme sprig. Tie each bundle with a blanched onion top.
- 3. In a large skillet, combine the wine, chopped onions and vegetable bundles. Bring to a boil. Cook, uncovered, for 5-7 minutes or until vegetables are tender and liquid is reduced by two-thirds.
- 4. Carefully remove bundles with a slotted spoon to a serving plate. Add butter to skillet, cook and stir until melted. Serve with bundles. Yield: 12 bundles.
1 serving (1 each) equals 59 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 38 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.
Reviews for Spring Vegetable Bundles
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.