- 1 pound small red potatoes, halved
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup shredded carrots
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs, halved
- 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Place potatoes, onion and carrots in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Sprinkle with flour, garlic, lemon peel, thyme, salt and pepper; toss to coat. Place chicken over top. Add broth and bay leaves.
- Cook, covered, on low 7-9 hours or until chicken and vegetables are tender. Remove bay leaves. Sprinkle servings with parsley. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Spring-Thyme Chicken Stew
"I thought this recipe was ok. I liked that it wasn't hard to prepare at all and is a geat weekday recipe. The flavor could use some sprucing up, but other than that it was alright."
"I wasn't a big fan of this recipe. It was editable, but that was about it. I added season-all to spruce it up, but it still didn't do much for it."
"Due to a very busy April this year, I never had a chance to try some of the recipes I'd tagged in my April/May 2013 Taste of Home magazine. Well, I made Spring-Thyme chicken Stew yesterday and my husband loved it! I added a half teaspoon of Turmeric and reduced the lemon peel to one teaspoon. The stew has a nice flavor, something out of the ordinary, and is very good. I will definitely be making this recipe again!"
"My daughter made this for me. It was excellent!"
"Tried to do with hints from other posters. Would like to know how much herbs du province that Chris 100401 used to spice it up."
"This was absolutely AWEFULLY!! Don't waste or time or money on this one, the thyme and lemon is way to over powering. Its was not edible, the whole batch went into the garbage disposal, as big YUCK!"
"This was an easy prep dinner, and I loved that it cooked in the slower cooker. The lemon flavor was very bright!"
"i always love taste of home recipes.. this was a huge disappointment. Bland and pretty much inedible is a correct description of how this turns out."
"Excellent and my other half now requests it."