Spring-Thyme Chicken Stew Recipe
- 1 pound small red potatoes, halved
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup shredded carrots
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs, halved
- 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1. Place potatoes, onion and carrots in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Sprinkle with flour, garlic, lemon peel, thyme, salt and pepper; toss to coat. Place chicken over top. Add broth and bay leaves.
- 2. Cook, covered, on low 7-9 hours or until chicken and vegetables are tender. Remove bay leaves. Sprinkle servings with parsley. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving equals 395 calories, 13 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 113 mg cholesterol, 707 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 37 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1-1/2 starch.
Reviews for Spring-Thyme Chicken Stew
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.