Spring Strawberry Cups Recipe
Ripe, red strawberries, star in this simple, yet elegant dessert. The berries rest on a decadent chocolate ganache sauce to create a stunning presentation.
- 1/2 cup (3 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1. In a heavy saucepan, melt chocolate chips with cream over low heat. Remove from the heat. Refrigerate, stirring occasionally.
- 2. For pourable ganache, cool chocolate mixture until it reaches 85°-90° and is slightly thickened, about 40 minutes.
- 3. In dessert glasses, spoon about 2 tablespoons of the chocolate ganache. Using the back of a teaspoon, carefully smooth ganache upwards to create an attractive swirl or flower petal pattern. Arrange strawberries in glass. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Spring Strawberry Cups
Reviewed Apr. 28, 2010
"Spring strawberry cups make a delicious dessert that is so easy to make, it's a keeper for sure. It'll go in my recipe box, as my family absolutely loves this dessert."
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC