Spring Strawberry Cups
Ripe, red strawberries, star in this simple, yet elegant dessert. The berries rest on a decadent chocolate ganache sauce to create a stunning presentation.
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup (3 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- In a heavy saucepan, melt chocolate chips with cream over low heat.
- Remove from the heat. Refrigerate, stirring occasionally.
- For pourable ganache, cool chocolate mixture until it reaches
- 85°-90° and is slightly thickened, about 40 minutes.
- In dessert glasses, spoon about 2 tablespoons of the chocolate
- ganache. Using the back of a teaspoon, carefully smooth ganache
- upwards to create an attractive swirl or flower petal pattern.
- Arrange strawberries in glass. Yield: 8 servings.