Spring Spinach Salad Recipe
My mom gave me this recipe. I make it often when strawberries are in season. The combination of greens and fruit surprises people. The clincher is the dressing - a hit every time I prepare it.
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 to 3 tablespoons cider or white wine vinegar
- 2 to 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 10 cups torn spinach
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 cup Diamond of California Chopped Pecans, toasted
- 1/2 cup chopped Vidalia or sweet onion
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the first seven ingredients; shake well. Just before serving, combine spinach, strawberries, pecans and onion in a large salad bowl. Add dressing and toss to coat. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Spring Spinach Salad in Country Extra May 1998, p51
Reviews for Spring Spinach Salad(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review