- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 to 3 tablespoons cider or white wine vinegar
- 2 to 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 10 cups torn spinach
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/2 cup chopped Vidalia or sweet onion
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the first seven ingredients; shake well. Just before serving, combine spinach, strawberries, pecans and onion in a large salad bowl. Add dressing and toss to coat. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews for Spring Spinach Salad
"My family asks me to make this spring salad every Easter....this year is year #3. So yummy! I don't like poppy seeds or pecans, so I use sunflower seeds for the crunch."
"Our whole family loves this recipe! It's light and delicious but filling enough to be a meal in the summer."
"Delicious! I used olive oil and just sliced up a 1 pound contained of strawberries and didn't bother to measure.~ Theresa"