Spring Salmon Chowder Recipe
- 2 cups cauliflowerets
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 8 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 4 cups 2% milk
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) salmon, drained, skin and bones removed
- 1 package (9 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a microwave-safe bowl, combine cauliflower and water. Microwave, covered, on high for 4-5 minutes or until tender, stirring once.
- 2. In a large saucepan, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add celery and green onions; cook and stir until tender. Stir in flour, salt and dill until blended; gradually whisk in milk. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened.
- 3. Stir in salmon, peas and cauliflower; heat through. Stir in cheeses until melted. Serve immediately. Yield: 8 servings.
1 cup: 256 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 67mg cholesterol, 558mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 3g fiber), 23g protein .
Reviews for Spring Salmon Chowder
"Instead of canned salmon, we used fresh. And I think next time we will use a different cheese instead of Swiss...maybe provolone."
"I am shocked at how good this tasted! I loved it and so did my three year old! I would make again!"
"This is an awesome and easy chowder recipe great for a cold winter day! The fresh herbs really add to its flavor and goodness."