Spring Rhubarb Salad Recipe
- 4 cups diced fresh rhubarb
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 package (6 ounces) strawberry gelatin
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1. Combine rhubarb, water and sugar in saucepan. Cook and stir over medium heat until rhubarb is tender. Remove from heat; add gelatin and stir until dissolved. Add orange juice and rind. Chill until syrupy. Add strawberries. pour into 6-cup mold; chill until set. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 127 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 41 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Spring Rhubarb Salad
"Sorry.... thought this would go over better... it didn't."