In our part of Iowa, we know spring is coming when we see the first rhubarb peeking out of the ground. We enjoy it so much that it's hard to wait for the stalks to grow large enough to be picked! I've collected lots of recipes for rhubarb, but this is one of my family's favorites.
- 4 cups diced fresh rhubarb
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 package (6 ounces) strawberry gelatin
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- Combine rhubarb, water and sugar in saucepan. Cook and stir over medium heat until rhubarb is tender. Remove from heat; add gelatin and stir until dissolved. Add orange juice and rind. Chill until syrupy. Add strawberries. pour into 6-cup mold; chill until set. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Spring Rhubarb Salad in Country April/May 1990, p49
Reviews for Spring Rhubarb Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 7, 2008
"Sorry.... thought this would go over better... it didn't."