Celebrate the best of spring in one fabulous dish! Fresh asparagus, carrots, lemon and chives perfectly complement leftover cooked salmon in this simple, sensational entree. —Steve Westphal, Wind Lake, Wisconsin
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2-1/2 cups cut fresh asparagus (1-inch pieces)
- 12 ounces fully cooked salmon chunks
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives, divided
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- Saute carrots and yellow pepper in butter in a large saucepan until crisp-tender. Add rice; cook and stir for 1 minute or until lightly toasted.
- Stir in the broth, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Stir in asparagus. Cook, uncovered, 3-4 minutes longer or until rice is tender.
- Stir in the salmon, lemon juice, 1 tablespoon chives and lemon peel; heat through. Fluff with a fork. Sprinkle with remaining chives. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Spring Pilaf with Salmon & Asparagus in Simple & Delicious April/May 2013, p17
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Spring Pilaf with Salmon & Asparagus
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review